Purpose of this Session
Although almost all situations and people can be made subjects for prayer, the Bible encourages prayer for particular things, giving us both confidence and authority to enter into prayer for these things assured of an answer.
1. The Kingdom and will of God to come in the earth (Matthew 5:9-13)
2. All rulers, authorities, governments and influencers of society (1 Timothy 2:2)
3. All men (the unsaved population) (Acts 7:60; 1 Timothy 2:4)
4. New believers (2 Thessalonians 1:11; Galatians 4:19)
5. Backsliders (1John 5:16)
6. Saints everywhere (Ephesians 6:18; James 5:16)
7. Ministers of the gospel (Ephesians 6:19-20; 1Thessalonians 5:25)
8. The enemies of the gospel (Matthew 5:44)
9. The sick and needy (James 5:13-16)
10. The believer’s own personal life (Jude 20; Romans 8:26-27)
11. Revival and the outpouring of God’s Spirit (Zechariah 10:1; Psalm 85:6)
12. The Nations (Psalm 2:8)
13. Labourers for the harvest of souls (Matthew 9:37-38)
14. Israel (Psalm 122:6; Isaiah 62:6-7)
Take time now to pray for some of these things. If you are in a classroom situation split into pairs or groups of three. Have each group pray for a different subject on the list.
One of the greatest services to the Body of Christ and to the world is to engage in true intercession together with the Spirit of God. We pray to the Father, Through Christ, in the Spirit. Only eternity will reveal how many have swayed the destiny of nations through private and unnoticed intercession, and great reward will be bestowed upon many secret saints. Let’s be one of them!